My name’s Kyle, and I’m a self-taught UI/UX designer and developer living and working in Indy. I design simple, yet rich experiences for the Web and mobile devices.
I am in my mid-twenties and love getting outdoors any chance I get. When I’m not at a computer, you might find me off away on some backpacking trip, swimming laps at the pool, playing a musical instrument, enjoying a good book, or journaling in my hammock.
Currently, I am looking for opportunities in which using my talents can make a difference in the world. Whether that would be in the realm of music, technology, or designing/developing the next latest & greatest, I believe I have a purpose, commitment, and calling to elevate the lives of others. I’m pretty passionate about it, too!
I’m always looking for cool people to connect with, so drop me a line if you would like to chat!
Ball State University
Bachelor of Music, Digital Media | 2007 — 2011
Grace Church | Sept 2015 — May 2016
Explored a calling to vocational ministry while engaging in personal development, meaningful ministry work, and completing two capstone projects in the craft and ministry of leading others in times of corporate musical worship.
BlueSky Technology Partners | Aug 2012 — Jul 2015
Responsible for the design and development of enterprise–class e-commerce applications, marketing materials and associated business processes. More specifically, I focused on the interface design and front-end development activities of BlueSky’s website projects.
Web Designer / Developer
Keynote (Apprenticeship) | Sept 2011 — Aug 2012
Developed and maintained websites for both internal and external clients as well as trained and equipped clients with operational knowledge of delivered CMS platforms.
Ball State University Singers | Aug 2009 — May 2011
Assisted with the ongoing design, development, maintenance, and hosting needs for this organization's website.
Eagle Scout w/ Gold Palm Rank
Boy Scouts of America | 2004
Awarded the highest rank attainable in the Boy Scouting program of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA). Requirements included earning 21+ merit badges, demonstrating Scout Spirit, service, and leadership. This also included an extensive community service project. The Gold Palm recognition was awarded for having completed additional tenure, leadership, and merit badge requirements.
The President's Volunteer Service Award
NACPC Web Design Competition
National Aerosol Products Council
Received $1,000 grant for school website; assisted in later receiving an additional grant of $5,000.
Ball State University—
Curricular Activity Participation
- Ball State University Singers, Chamber Choir, The Ball State University Pride of Mid-America Marching Band, Statesmen male vocal ensemble, private piano, trumpet, and voice lessons
Extra-curricular Activity Participation
- Ball State Christian Campus House — student worship leader; pianist & vocals, Men's Ministry student leader, actively attended a Bible study and regular services
- Ball State Cru — student leader
Available upon request.
- HTML 4 & 5 • CSS • SASS • LESS
- Adobe Creative Suite
- PHP • MySQL • Apache • Nginx • phpMyAdmin
- Wordpress • PyroCMS • Drupal CMS • Joomla CMS • Anchor CMS • FirstSpirit
- IBM WebSphere Commerce • WooCommerce
- LAMP/LEMP server maintenance, configuration & deployment
- Amazon Web Services • Rackspace Cloud
- Google Analytics & Webmaster Tools
- Git • SVN • Terminal
- MAMP Pro • MySQL • FTP • SSH • cPanel
- Mac OS X • Windows • Linux
- Mobile Applications • Titanium Mobile
- Roku Channel Development
- ...and more!